Friday, June 28, 2013

First Weekend Alone

My three loud, fun, crazy boys have left to spend the weekend with their father.  He is living with his sister and her family until he can afford to get a place of his own.  Which when he whined about that my response was, "not my problem. you want a divorce."  But I digress....

When the door shut and I had waved until they were down the street I sat down in the quiet and tried not to cry.  Yes this is needed for me and for them.  It is incredibly hard to be the only caregiver except for a few hours a week when he shows up to see them.  However, it doesn't change the fact that I would keep them close to me and shielded from these changes forever if I could.

I sat for a while.  Then I needed to leave the house.  A recently single friend told me that every Friday night when her STBX takes the kids, she gets a sandwich from Jimmy John's and a Redbox and sits in her bed eating and watching one movie, sometimes two if she is feeling crazy! :)

So I went to get my Jimmy John's.  Then decided rather than a movie I could catch up on Mad Men on Amazon Prime.  So once my sandwich is eaten I will hide in my bedroom with a huge Diet Coke and Don Draper to make me feel better.

Then I may just need to take 1/2 of a tranquilizer that my mom gave me so that I don't cry myself to sleep tonight alone in this quiet, quiet house.

My heart goes out to women everywhere who are experiencing separation and divorce.  Nothing can prepare you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment